Monday, August 1, 2011

Love and Stuff



Do you ever have those moments where you look at your significant other dancing around the house, playing ski ball, singing badly in the car and just think "I love you"  those ah-ha moments of "I wouldn't want you any other way and I'm so glad that something in you wants to be with me."  That was this whole weekend with Mac, a giant "I don't know why you've chosen to be with me but I'm so so happy that you have."  


I got off work Friday night and had happy hour with friends waiting for traffic to die down.  I later got to Mac's house to find wine and a cheese plate waiting and Mac in the back preparing dinner for me.  I was stunned, not only did Mac go grocery shopping (not his favorite) but put so much thought into making me a dinner that not only included my favorite things but was also healthy.  Instantly relaxing me after my third week at a new job and the anxiety of finding a new studio.  He knew exactly what I needed, even before I did.  


Mac is one of the more selfless people I know, so I shouldn't be surprised.  But there are moments when life catches you off guard, that you can find someone who stops their life even for a few hours to say, "let me take care of you."  I'm probably one of the harder people to be in a relationship with, lord knows my emotions get the best of me sometimes, yet for some reason I get to be with Mac.  So here's a big thank you to the people who love us,even when we can't understand why.  

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! It really is those little moments that make life amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.... what a sweetheart. Cheers to you having such an awesome guy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brigette, first off, I really love your blog and life sentiments. Secondly, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I can get crazy moody and emotional, make something out of nothing, but I really have been blessed. So cheers to good men who surprise us and make us laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for your sweet sweet comments ladies, it really is the simple moments that make life lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...