Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Best Pumpkin Beer

Last Saturday, to celebrate the first day of autumn, I went to Total Wine to pick up a couple different pumpkin beers to taste with our friends.  I have to say I first noticed the Shipyard beers because of their awesome labels, but as it turned out this Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin Ale is the best pumpkin beer maybe...ever?

You have to check it out even if you're not a big beer fan.  Unlike a lot of seasonal beers this beer is made with real smashed pumpkin in every batch and tastes like autumn in a glass.  It may be sacrilege but if you ask me this is almost the beer version of a PSL.  It's not super sweet or too spicy just great pumpkin flavor the way it should be. 


The Smashed Pumpkin beer is 9% alcohol though.  So if you've had a long day at work this may be the beer for you, otherwise Shipyard makes another seasonal beer,Pumpkinhead.  Not quite as much flavor but also not as much alcohol so if you're looking for something to sip I highly recommend it.  

I haven't been drinking beer for almost three months to save my ever growing waistline but through October I've decided to try new pumpkin beers every weekend!  Anyone have a favorite I should know about?

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried a pumpkin beer, but this might just be the fall! I really love Samuel Smith's organic hard cider–it's not overly sweet or dry, but tastes like it was made with actual apples-yum!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...