Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pasta Party

 A couple weeks ago my friend Abbey and I decided to take a pasta class and it was one of the funnest things we'd done together in a long time!  We both love to cook but the group setting, family style meal, and glasses of wine made it feel more like a party then a class.  

 The ten of us in the class spent three hours around a round table making four types of pasta: dill linguine with salmon, butternut squash ravioli with brown butter and sage, pasta bows stuffed with spinach and ricotta in a creamy garlic sauce, and lasagna in a spicy marinara sauce. 

 I've mentioned before that pasta has never been my forte and this class taught Abbey and I so much.  I learned that what I thought had been ruined dough just meant that I had not been working it enough to come together and that you don't need a pasta machine to make great noodles, but it sure does help. 

 Feeding the past through the machine took some practice, all of us ripped it at lest once. I felt like such a pro by the end of class though that I'm on the verge of buying the attachment. 

 Our stuffed bows ready to boil. 

Spicy marinara?  Yes please!

Our class at Hipcooks was so much fun Abbey and I can't wait to take another.  They even offer a cocktail and appetizer class,how fun does that sound?  Have you ever taking a cooking class?  What would you want to brush up on?  

2 comments:

  1. What fun! I almost signed up for a class on pâtés at an SF charcuterie–I think I should go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun class to take! I love that you did this with your girlfriends - I'd love to have a day of cooking & eating with my buds! Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...