Monday, May 21, 2012

Lavender Shortbread Happiness

What better to do on a sunny afternoon then make fresh lavender shortbread?  There are a few lavender bushes around my apartment and with the smell wafting in my windows I just couldn't resist the temptation of making a batch of cookies.  They are absolutely delightful with tea and so, so simple to make.  Give them a try, recipe below!

 Beautiful fresh lavender chopped and ready to go.

 This stand mixer is the second love of my life!

 Love the look of the lavender in the rolled out dough.

 I prefer to use a floured water glass to shape my cookies.

I couldn't resist dipping a few in dark chocolate, I mean why not?

Lavender Shortbread:
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup(2 sticks) butter at room temp
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2-2 1/2 tbs fresh minced lavender (can substitute dried lavender as well)

Preheat oven to 350

Combine flour, salt, and lavender set aside.  Beat butter until pale and fluffly then beat in sugar.  When combined add vanilla extract then slowly beat in flour mixture.  

Roll out dough on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick and cut out with water glass, cookie cutters, whatever you have on hand that makes ya happy.  

Place cookies on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes until bottoms are slightly golden.  Allow to rest on the baking sheet for a minute or two to avoid crumbling and you're all set to eat as they are or dip in chocolate.    

Grab a cup of tea or glass of champagne and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds decadent! Can't wait to try it out!

    Cheers, Elizabeth @ The Corner Apartment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this recipe. So creative, using your own lavendar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhh, yup, making these next time I go to house church! It's an excuse to bake things that the boys won't eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness. i need these in my life immediately!! i am so in love with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...