Thursday, September 8, 2011

Classic Cocktail-Ramos Gin Fizz

Darlings, hold on to your boots and get ready for the Ramos Gin Fizz.  Sweet Lord, this cocktail makes me happy.  For years I've listened to my parents tell stories of going to the Buena Vista Cafe in the 1960's and drinking more than a couple Ramos Gin Fizz's as they watched the cable cars turn around.  I always hesitated to try it because it has a raw egg white, but let me say, that doesn't even cross your mind when you're drinking it.  Light, refreshing, and creamy this drink is perfect for the last warm days of summer.  It's frothy and just slightly sweet, give it a try and you'll be sipping the whole weekend!

  • 2 ounces gin
  • 1 ounce heavy cream
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/2 ounce lemon juice
  • 1/2 ounce lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons superfine sugar 
  • 2-3 drops orange flower water
  • Soda water


Shake it all up in a cocktail shaker over lots of ice for a minute or two. Pour into a collins glass, pint glass, or whatever ya grab from the cupboard.  Then top it with some soda water, for fizz!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...