Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Paint Chip Wall Art

Isn't it amazing how one project can evolve into something new?  Well, that is what happened in my living room.  As you know I was playing with the idea of doing a gallery wall to fill the white space over my new couch.  The plan was to paint the frames all one color, and since this was going to take up the majority of the wall I decided to hang a few paint samples to get a feel of which color suited the room best.  
Three weeks later and I still had a few yellow,coral, and turquoise chips hanging on my wall. I loved having the bright colors in my living room and thought, why not expand on the idea and create "paint chip art." So yesterday on my way home from the gym I stopped by Home Depot grabbed a bunch more chips in a few different colors and started sticking them to my wall.  It's a little haphazard but is so much fun to look at, and it's free! I may still move forward with the gallery wall but I'm loving this right now. What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. I love it! (also love the picture of the three of us next to your couch! that's one of my favorites ever!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog...quirky, fun, interesting and delicious, I'm now a visitor.....does that also make me a guest....??

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...