Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October Weekends-Scottish Games

Wow, I just realized what a slacker I've been about posting our wonderful weekend photos.  So here are a few from the Scottish Games, Oktoberfest to follow.  

I don't know if I've mentioned it but my mom is Scottish (born near Glasgow) so every year we go to the Scottish games in Ventura.  It is such a fun day out.  We meet for breakfast in the morning, walk down to the grounds to see the games, listen to bag pipes, and of course I never turn down event that involves beer and fresh chips.  

The caber toss, say what you will about men in skirts but there is nothing girlie about this. 

My brothers and I.  True 75 degrees and palm trees isn't too authentic but I know some of my family in Scotland can't wait to come out and visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...